Fashion rules are meant to be broken, and that includes wearing denim on denim. Today I am going to share some tips on how to style denim.
1) Dress monochromatic (same color denim) for a chic and sophisticated look.
2) Try pairing different proportions and shapes. For this look I paired a loose fitting top with skinny jeans.
3) Lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body areas they cover, while darker washes create a slimming effect.
4) Shoes can either dress up or dress down the look. Here I chose heels to dress up this casual look.
5) Pair different washes to keep the look more interesting!
6) Keep things casual and simple by pairing a chambray shirt with destroyed boyfriend jeans.
7) The right accessories can tie the whole look together. Add your favorite jewelry pieces to personalize the look.
8) Try a solid or patterned top to keep things from being too matchy-matchy.
9) Wear denim shorts instead of jeans.
10) Tie a denim jacket around your waist.
Look #1- Top: Cotton On | Jeans: H&M | Booties: Old Navy | Sunnies: Old Navy | Watch: Casio
Photography// Eric Kidd