Morocco is one of the most magical places you will ever visit. Bursting with color, savory smells, history, and a welcoming population! I put together some tips and recommendations for traveling in Morocco.
Before you arrive, be sure to have your accommodations arranged, and ride from the airport set up if not taking a cab. Definitely withdraw dirham from the airport, in Morocco, cash is key.
I stayed at Equity Point Hostel in Marrakech. This was one of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed at. The architecture and decor was Moroccan inspired of course. The pool and rooftop though was by far the best part. Those rooftop sunsets were unreal. The staff was friendly and helpful, I highly recommend staying there!
- Kafe Merstan- Hidden gem with a great rooftop terrace that is well decorated. I ordered the vegetable tagine, which was definietly the best I've had in Morocco.
- Beats Burger- Perfect place for a smoothie to take a break from the busy market streets. Cool atmosphere with great music.
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice- I'm from Florida and know what good orange juice tastes like and Morocco definitely had some of the best!
- Moroccan Mint Tea- The sweet Moroccan teas are a local favorite and you can order them practically anywhere.
Dress conservatively but it doesn't have to be overly conservative. I wore maxi skirts and palazzo pants with tank tops. We made friends with the locals and they gave us the low down on what was appropriate to wear.
- Sunscreen, it's VERY hot and sunny!
- Toilet paper, sounds odd but most places don't have it. I recommend carrying a small pack of tissues.