About a month ago, I was fortunate enough to make it back to Europe for my second summer in a row! Santorini, Greece has been my number one travel destination for a long time, and this time around I was able to go, and boy I’m glad I did. It turned out to be my favorite travel spot so far! I’ve put together a little guide to Santorini based on my wonderful experience there:
I stayed in a beautiful cave home in Oia, which I found through Airbnb. I love using Airbnb when traveling, because it lets me feel like a local by staying in someone’s home rather than a hotel.
- Lotza – This has to be some of the best Greek food in Oia. I ordered the stuffed peppers, and they didn’t disappoint!
- Lolita’s Gelato – This is a MUST for any gelato lovers.
- SantoNuts – A Santorini staple, it’s a candied peanut with sesame seeds.You’ll find them everywhere, but be careful – these are addicting ;)
- A camera. I like to shoot on digital, but a film camera or polaroid would also work great in this scenic location.
- SMALL luggage! I made a rookie mistake and brought the biggest luggage I own. Dragging a 58lb suitcase up and down the rocky stairs is no fun.
- A towel. I've been loving my round Vagabond Towel!
- Cliff jumping
- Sunset watching
- Street shopping
- Bus to nearby towns. This option is only 2 euros and you’ll get to see more of Greece!